Yandex in review: An exclusive series on EWDN
Yandex looks to raise up to $1.1 billion offering 52 million shares between $24 to $25 a share, up from an initially considered price of $20 to $22, commanding a market value around $7 billion. Yandex will list on the NASDAQ under the symbol YNDX starting from May 23, 2011.
In light of this IPO, East-West Digital News offers a special series covering different aspects of Russia’s search giant.
Included in the series:
- Seven things you need to know to be a Yandex expert: What is Yandex? Can it resist Google? What is its business model? What are its post IPO prospects? What about the risks? Is the valuation justified? Could the Russian search engine challenge Google’s global domination one day?
- From startup to IPO: Yandex milestones 1990-2011; How Yandex came to dominate the Russian search market
- Yandex assets: The most exhaustive and exclusive listing of Yandex technologies, services and assets, both in Russia and abroad
- Company risks: Are the statements on threats in Yandex’s IPO prospectus a formal exercise to comply with SEC requirements? Or is Yandex really vulnerable to power plays originating from the Russian authorities or oligarchs? What was Yandex’s role in the Rospil scandal, one of Russia’s most serious personal data leaks?
- Yandex vs. Mail.ru Group, the two behemots of the Russian Internet
- Yandex vs. Google: Why the US giant failed to conquer Russia
The East-West Digital News series on Yandex has been developed with the participation of leading Russian experts in the areas of search technologies, online marketing and corporate finance as well as of professors and students of the Moscow Higher School of Economics.
Become Yandex expert yourself with East-West Digital News!